Your Personal Information: Some of your Personal Information we may collect includes your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, contact preferences, device identifiers, IP address, the time and the date you made a comment, location information, content you submit to the website, and credit card information.
Information You Provide: We receive and may store any of your Personal Information provided on our website or any information you provide to us via other methods.
- Interactive Forums. BMT Radio provides interactive forums to enhance the user experience and allow our users to discuss shows, playlists, music, products and services. You acknowledge that should you participate in such interactive forums, the information you voluntarily post about yourself and third parties in such areas might be accessed, collected and used by third parties outside of BMT Radio. BMT Radio is not liable for any information you post in public forums. You acknowledge that you are responsible for any information you post in public forums and understand that this information may be accessed, collected, and used by third parties not affiliated with BMT Radio.
- Forbidden Content. You may not post any defamatory, obscene, slanderous, or otherwise illegal material, or any material which infringes any third-party copyrights or other intellectual property rights. Violators will be subject to termination of accounts and possible legal action.
BMT RADIO ADVISES YOU NOT TO POST ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION IN PUBLIC AREAS INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS ADDRESS, EMAIL ADDRESS, AND PHONE NUMBER. YOU ARE LIABILE FOR ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION YOU POST ABOUT YOURSELF OR A THIRD PARTY AND POSTING SUCH INFORMATION IS AT YOUR OWN RISK.
Information We May Automatically Collect: We may automatically receive and store certain types of personal information whenever you create an account, use our products or services, purchase a product, stream or download an audio or video file, make a comment, contact us, or participate in a Burn Mixtape sponsored event. We may also collect Usage Information, Device Identifiers and Cookies. When you share your content with family and friends using BMT Radio products or services, BMT Radio may collect the information you provide about those people such as name, mailing address, email address, and phone number. BMT Radio will use such information to provide the relevant product or service to fulfill your request.
- Usage Information. Whenever you visit or interact with BMT Radio, we, as well as any third-party advertisers and/or service providers, may use a variety of technologies that automatically or passively collect information about how the Website is accessed and used (“Usage Information“). Usage Information may include browser type, device type, operating system, application version, the page served, the time, the preceding page views, and your use of features or applications on the Website. This information helps us keep our Website current and interesting to our visitors and allows us to tailor content to a visitor’s interests.
- Device Identifier. We may automatically collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier“) for the Device (computer, mobile phone, tablet or other device) you use to access the Websites. A Device Identifier is a number that is assigned to your Device when you access a website or its servers, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. We may use a Device Identifier to, among other things, administer the Websites, help diagnose problems with our servers, analyze trends, track users’ web page movements, help identify you and your shopping cart, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Cookies. The technologies used on the Website to collect Usage Information, including Device Identifiers, include but are not limited to: cookies (data files placed on a Device when it is used to visit the Websites), mobile analytics software and pixel tags (transparent graphic image, sometimes called a web beacon or tracking beacon, placed on a web page or in an email, which indicates that a page or email has been viewed). Cookies may also be used to associate you with social networking sites like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter and, if you so choose, enable interaction between your activities on the Website and your activities on such social networking sites. To learn how you may be able to reduce the number of cookies you receive from us, or delete cookies that have already been installed in your browser’s cookie folder, please refer to your browser’s help menu or other instructions related to your browser. If you do disable or opt out of receiving cookies, please be aware that some features and services on our Website may not work properly because we may not be able to recognize and associate you with your BMT Radio account(s). In addition, the offers we provide when you visit us may not be as relevant to you or tailored to your interests.
How We Use Your Personal Information:
We may use your Personal Information that you provide for a variety of purposes, including to respond to your requests, provide products or services, to improve the overall quality of the Website, and to communicate with you, among other things.
Except as described here, we will not provide any of your Personal Information to any third parties without your specific consent. We may share non-Personal Information, such as aggregate data and Usage Information with third parties. We may also share your information as disclosed at the time you provide your information, as set forth in this Privacy Notice and in the following circumstances:
- Third Parties Services On Our Behalf. We may share your Personal Information with third parties that perform functions on our behalf (or on behalf of our partners) such as service providers that host or operate our Websites, analyze data, process transactions and payments, fulfill orders or provide customer service; and advertisers; sponsors or other third parties that participate in or administer our promotions, contests, sweepstakes, surveys or provide marketing or promotional assistance. Your Personal Information may also be used by us or shared with our subsidiaries, affiliates, sponsors, partners, advertisers or other third parties to provide you with product information and promotional and other offers.
- Legal Purposes. We may produce certain records in order to respond to a valid legal process. BMT reserves the right to cooperate with government officials, law enforcement officials, and private parties to enforce and comply with the law.
We reserve the right to disclose any of your Personal Information as we, in our sole discretion, deem necessary or appropriate:
- To respond to claims and legal process (including but not limited to subpoenas);
- To protect the intellectual property rights and other rights of BMT Radio or a third party;
- To protect the safety of the public or any person; or
- To prevent or stop any activity we may consider to be, or that poses a risk of being, illegal, unethical, inappropriate or legally actionable.
BMT reserves the right, but is not obligated, to refuse to disclose confidential sources or unpublished information we collect as part of our journalistic reporting under federal and/or state law.
Your Choice – Privacy Rights:
You may always direct us not to share your Personal Information with third parties (other than our service providers), not to use your Personal Information to provide you with information or offers, or not to send you newsletters, emails or other communications by:
- Modifying your registered user information on the website; and/or
- Sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org;
- Your opt-out request will be processed within thirty (30) days of the date on which we receive it.
If you wish to modify, verify, correct, or delete any of your Personal Information collected through the Websites, you may edit your registered user information or contact us at the above email. In accordance with our routine record keeping, we may delete certain records that contain Personal Information you have submitted through the Websites. We are under no obligation to store such Personal Information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such Personal Information. It may not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide you services contact us at email@example.com. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. We do not control certain privacy settings and preferences maintained by our social media partners like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. If you wish to make changes to those settings and preferences, you may do so by visiting the settings page of the appropriate social media site.
BMT Radio Newsletters:
BMT Radio uses e-mail to send announcements regarding new products, services, and/or promotions, and informational newsletters. By posting material on any of our interactive areas or using our products or services, you are opting in to receiving these e-mail announcements. You can choose to unsubscribe from BMT Radio e-mail at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. BMT Radio will also send replies to customer e-mail via e-mail. Finally, if you have sent a request to BMT Radio about which we need to communicate with you, we may do so by e-mail.
BMT Radio and its services are not directed to children or minors, and children are not eligible to use our services. Accordingly, BMT Radio asks that minors (under the age of 18) do not submit any personal information to BMT Radio. We actively seek to dissuade registration from persons under 18 and do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from them. If you are under 18 years of age, you should not be using our Website unless under the supervision of your parent or guardian.
Security of Your Information:
We take information security seriously; however, no electronic data transmission or storage of information can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Although we use technology in an effort to protect personal information, BMT Radio will not be held liable for any user’s disclosure of personal information on BMT Radio or any other website operated by us. Please note that we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you use the Website and provide us with your information at your own risk.
Retention of Personal Information:
BMT will retain your personal information for the period necessary to fulfill its purpose. When assessing these periods we carefully examine our need to collect personal information at all and if we establish a relevant need we only retain it for the shortest possible period to realize the purpose of collection unless a longer retention period is required by law.
BMT’s website, products, and services may contain links to third-party websites, products, and services. BMT has no control over these third parties’ practices and information collected by third parties is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
You can choose to disable or selectively turn off our cookies or third-party cookies in your browser settings, or by managing preferences in your internet security programs. However, this may affect how you are able to interact with our site and third party websites.
Consent to Processing and Transfer of Information:
This Website is governed by and operated in, and in accordance with the laws of, the United States, and is intended for the enjoyment of residents of the United States. BMT Radio makes no representation that the Website is governed by or operated in accordance with the laws of any other nation. Given that we are an international business, our use of your information necessarily involves the transmission of data on an international basis. If you are located in the European Union, Canada or elsewhere outside of the United States of America please be aware that information we collect may be transferred to and processed in the United States. By using the Website, or providing us with any information, you (a) acknowledge that the Website is subject to the laws of the United States of America, (b) consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of such information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a citizen, and (c) waive any claims that may arise under those laws.
Subject: Privacy Questions – BMT Radio